Monday, June 29, 2015

Pointillism Paisleys?

The color challenge on The REAL Nail Addicts group was 'Pastel Yellow'... since I moderate the challenges, I put my entry to the group to let them decide if my choice was 'pastel' enough.... they didn't think so, said it's too bright.
It is a very nice yellow though and I love the way it went on... It's a nice swatch picture too....
 
Sally Hanson's Xtreme Wear in 'Mellow Yellow'

So, since I couldn't enter the color challenge I decided to enter the technique challenge instead. The choice for this week is 'Pointillism'. I tried my hand at making paisleys... not exactly what I had envisioned, but not too bad!

Patriotic Pointillism Paisleys

Here's all the products I used to achieve this look...
Sally Hanson's X-treme Wear in 'Pucker Up', Broadway Nails GelStrong in French White and Sally Hanson's X-treme Wear in 'Royal Rage' and ALL of my different sized dotting tools...



I don't think I'll be keeping this long... may not even finish my right hand. It was good to try a new technique though!

No comments:

Post a Comment